BRUCE J. KAYE
Bruce J. Kaye’s clients benefit from his four decades of experience specializing in Plaintiff’s personal injury cases and other areas of civil litigation and dispute. He has successfully handled a wide variety of personal injury matters, including those in the contexts of wrongful death; accidents and collisions involving automobiles, trucks, snow mobiles, motorcycles, bicycles and horses; products liability; slip-and-fall injuries ; and ski accidents and other accidents on recreational properties.
Mr. Kaye has successfully tried cases in the state and federal courts and negotiated settlements in numerous complex civil cases. He has a particular interest in insurance bad faith cases, including those arising from workers compensation claims. He also leverages his expertise in cases involving the wrongful denial of benefits under Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance policies, both in the ERISA and non-ERISA scenario.
In addition to litigation, Mr. Kaye has extensive experience in the areas of mediation, negotiation and arbitration. Mr. Kaye regularly serves as “personal counsel” for clients who have been sued in civil matters, protecting their interests vis a vis their insurance company.
Examples of Cases Handled by Kaye and Associates:
- Mr. Kaye and his partner successfully tried a complex commercial case on behalf of a small businessman against a financial institution.
- Positive representation of many individuals whose private disability or health insurance benefits coverage has been wrongfully denied.
- Litigation of many serious automobile, truck, motorcycle and bicycle cases involving closed head, traumatic brain and other catastrophic injuries.
- Successful representation of a professional in a complicated employment claim in a securities arbitration.
- Mr. Kaye successfully tried a legal malpractice claim resulting in a favorable verdict for the firm’s client.
- Successful representation of a doctor in the arbitration of a dispute with his partners over the dissolution of their professional practice.
- Representation of a group of low-wage employees in a meat packing factory in a federal case under the Americans with Disability Act.
Because of his acknowledged expertise, Mr. Kaye is o often called upon to speak in front of professional organizations. His presentations often focus on the legal issues surrounding wrongful death claims as well as insurance bad faith, damages in personal injury claims, and use of expert witnesses in personal injury claims.
Bruce J. Kaye has extensive experience in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). He successfully completed the 40-hour certification training sponsored by the Colorado Bar Association.
Boards, Memberships and Awards:
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.