Eric founded Solem, Harris & McKinley, P.C., in 1990.
He received his JD from the University of Wisconsin Law School in Madison and is licensed in both Wisconsin and Colorado. He has practiced before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit Court of appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
His current emphasis is in the drafting of special needs trusts and Medicaid and Medicare lien resolution. He has successfully argued and won numerous elder law cases in the appellate courts and federal and state lower courts.
Eric successfully won the only Colorado State cases establishing restrictions on Medicaid estate recoveries and Medicaid personal injury liens.
Among Eric's accomplishments:
- Eric is past co-chair of the Elder Law and a member of the Trust and Probate Section of the Colorado Bar Association.
- Long time member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA).
- Past President of the Colorado Fund for People with Disabilities, Inc.,
- Distinguished as a Colorado "Super Lawyer" in 5280: Denver's Mile High Magazine for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.